How far out will you contact a Realtor® before you put your Niceville home on the market?
If you know in advance or are even just thinking about it, I would suggest three months ahead. Would I interview three agents? Probably not, but I definitely wouldn't set up meetings with them in my home. Instead, I would get recommendations from neighbors and friends who have had positive experiences with a real estate agent. Then I would simply call and talk to them on the phone and ask them a few questions that you would probably not think to ask:
1. What commission will you be charging me to sell my home?
(End the conversation here if they answer anything above 4%)
Don't let any real estate agent convince you that you have to pay a higher commission in order to sell your Niceville home quickly and/or for more money.
At Uber Realty we sell hundred's of homes- We charge less and you get more.
Some additional questions to ask:
2. How do you think I should prepare my house for sale?
3. How are you going to market my home?
4. What will my cost including your commission be, for selling my home?
5. How will you help me position my house in the market place?
6. What are the keys to getting the home under contract in a reasonable time?
7. What obstacles can we run into and how do we avoid them?
8. How do I get the best value from you?
No Buyer will buy a home because a particular real estate sign is in the yard.
They will buy your house because:
1. You prepared your house correctly.
2. Your home is marketed properly.
3. Your house is a better value to the buyer because you are not overpaying a real estate agent to sell your home.
4. You are priced well compared to the competition.
5. If you have your "mise en place" (French cooking term for “everything in its place"), it will sell quickly.
6. Paying a 6% real estate commission vs 4%, will not make your home sell faster or for more money. If your home is in excellent condition, in a fantastic location and priced correctly, it will sell in the same amount of time. On a $300,000 home sale, you will be giving away $6000. Why would you do that??
Don't let a real estate agent convince you that you have to pay a higher commission in order to sell your Niceville home quickly and/or for more money. At Uber Realty we sell hundred's of homes for 4%- We charge less and you get more.